Mining Engineer / Geomechanics Engineer (Minneapolis, U.S.A.)
Itasca Consulting Group, Inc., Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Itasca, a growing international engineering company, is seeking a full-time Mining or Geomechanics Engineer in its Minneapolis office. The successful candidate will be responsible mainly for conducting consulting projects using numerical analysis and would interact with both Itasca engineers and clients on a regular basis. The projects are world-class, providing exceptional professional experience working with highly regarded staff in our US and international offices. The candidate should have a background in geomechanics modeling, preferably with Itasca codes in mining applications, and a demonstrated capability to manage projects independently.
Primary expectations for this position include the ability to:
- Perform numerical modeling, analyze results, and communicate results to clients.
- Work collaboratively with engineering staff on geomechanics consulting projects.
- Participate in business development (seeking new consulting projects and clients).
- Continue professional development.
- Assist software developers in improving Itasca modeling software.
- Be self-directed, managing and completing projects on time and on budget.
- Be willing and able to take on various responsibilities within a small consulting team, including testing, technical support, training, and other non-consulting tasks.
- Travel as required to visit client sites and attend conferences, up to 20% time.
Minimum requirements are:
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Geotechnical, Geomechanics, Mining Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geophysics, or related field.
- Four (4) years of relevant experience as a Geotechnical Engineer, Mining Engineer, Civil Engineer, Rock Mechanics Engineer, Geomechanics Engineer, or related position.
- Two (2) years of experience with advanced numerical modeling.
- Field experience and Itasca software experience preferred.
- English proficiency.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. Itasca may be willing to facilitate work visa requirements under certain circumstances.
Salary is commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience. Itasca is an employee-owned company that provides stock ownership, 401(k) profit sharing plan, performance bonuses and other benefits including life, dental, disability, and medical insurances. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additional information can be found at www.itascacg.com.
Please send cover letter and CV to the attention of:
Benjamin Harris via email to email@example.com. Please include the reference number ICG20-06 in the email subject line.